Call for Abstracts
The Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) is pleased to provide thematic conference attendees (including Students/Trainees) with an ideal opportunity to highlight and present virtual Posters of their nutrition focused research. Researchers can present recent Posters, as well as previously published research. More than one abstract may be submitted. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Presentations and Abstracts (members only) section of the CNS website as well as showcased in the CNS Virtual Poster Expo, which will be featured during the Conference. Please note that abstracts will not be published in the journal of APNM.
- Fri. Dec. 17, 2021 - Abstract Submission Deadline. There will not be a late-breaking abstract submission period. Abstract submission period now closed.
- Wed. Jan. 5, 2022 - Notification of Abstract Review/Acceptance and Virtual Poster Expo invitation/instructions.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to participate in the CNS Thematic Conference Virtual Poster Expo, and - at that time - will be asked to upload a .pdf of their Poster along with a 50-word summary. With restrictions related to physical distancing, CNS is exploring a number of ways to enhance visibility of abstracts through new opportunities that may include, but are not limited to, profiling on the conference large screen/live stream, within promotions, social media, etc. As such, we strongly encourage each author to submit a short video explanation of the Poster research. Accepted abstract authors are required to sign up for Disqus, a program that enables the opportunity for dialogue between poster authors and visitors. Disqus can be accessed easily and is free.
Authors of accepted abstracts must register to attend the Thematic Conference in order to participate in the mandatory Virtual Poster Expo. If a Virtual Poster Expo author misses the early-bird registration deadline of December 10, 2021, special dispensation will be granted for those authors to register at the discounted early-bird registration level.
NOTE: In consideration of COVID-19 public health restrictions, we are currently guaranteeing the inclusion of all accepted Posters within the interactive Virtual Poster Expo. CNS will continue to explore the feasibility of on-site Poster boards. Should this be allowed, Poster authors will have the option to accept this additional opportunity (not mandatory). The format of on-site Poster displays will be subject to public health measures (including physical distancing). Additional details and decisions as to optional on-site Poster display will be released closer to the event.*
- Only CNS Members in good standing, or those who have applied for membership, are eligible to submit abstracts. Memberships, when purchased via the CNS Online Membership Portal, will be effective immediately upon payment. This will allow you to proceed to abstract submission. All purchased memberships will expire on December 31, 2022.
- There is a $15 non-refundable fee for each abstract submission (online credit card payment by Visa or MasterCard only). This fee will NOT be refunded if your abstract is not accepted or if you do not attend the conference.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the CNS online abstract submission form. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
- You may submit more than one abstract. Do not submit multiple versions of the same abstract or it will not be reviewed.
- Accepted abstracts will not be published in the journal of APNM but will be published in the Conference Presentations and Abstracts (members only) section of the CNS website.
- Presenters do not need to submit original, previously unpublished research and will be able to present recent posters.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to participate in the Thematic Conference Virtual Poster Expo.
- Authors of accepted abstracts must register to attend the Thematic Conference in order to participate in the mandatory Virtual Poster Expo. If a Virtual Poster Expo author misses the early-bird registration deadline of December 10, 2021, special dispensation will be granted for those authors to register at the discounted early-bird registration level. * Should there be an opportunity to optionally display a Poster on-site, abstract authors who wish to display their poster in-person (as well as in the Virtual Poster Expo) will be required to attend the conference in-person.
REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT
Please note that abstracts that do not adhere to the required abstract format (as indicated below) may be subject to return to author and require resubmission (an additional fee).
- You are a member of CNS.
- Abstract is being submitted by the presenting author.
- Co-authors are listed in the order that they should appear on the poster
- Presenting author is listed FIRST in the list of authors.
- Authors' first and last names must be spelled out in full.
- Affiliation of authors and co-authors is completed in full
- In the abstract title, you have capitalized the first word only, other than proper nouns.
- Abstract does not exceed 350 words (excluding the title). This word limit includes any funding information.
- Abstract is written in English.
- Standard abbreviation is used; any special/unusual abbreviations are in parenthesis after the full word when it appears the first time.
- Financial support should be indicated in brackets at the end of the abstract. Financial support information is included within your 350 word limit.
- No references nor acknowledgement sections are required.
- Abstract does not include sub-headings, charts or tables.
- The abstract has been proof-read for errors.