Welcome to the CNS 2022 - 10th Thematic Conference
Advances in Nutrition and Immune Function
This one-day virtual event will address nutrition and immune function across the lifespan – from immune systems in infants/toddlers/young children through to older adults and will cover broad themes that include allergies/ oral and immune tolerance, dietary patterns, biomarkers of immune function, malnutrition in hospitalized patients, and vitamin and micronutrient from the perspective of “is there too much”.
- Create an understanding of the complex interplay between diet and the immune system across the lifespan – from infants through to older adults
- Outline the causes that weaken the system and the resulting potential risks, including impaired responses to vaccines, severe COVID-19 and mortality
- Illustrate the role of micronutrients and other minerals that are vital to the immune system
- Present on current research that compares the impact of different diets and novel approaches that are shown to reduce inflammation, autoimmune conditions and infections and support immunotherapy
- Acquire understanding and knowledge on how to implement dietary recommendations aimed at improving immune function into practise
Presentations will be made by leading experts and will offer the latest research and connect what this evidence means for those guiding patients in health practice.
The CNS Thematic Conference provides a premier interdisciplinary platform that brings together multiple sectors within the nutrition community, including healthcare professionals, food and nutrition scientists, academia, industry, government and other not for profit organizations to exchange knowledge about the latest developments related to nutrition and immune function.
#CNSThematic22 Download Flyer
VIEW THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM.
Registration is now open! Individual and group registration options are available.
This continuing professional development activity was held under the auspices of Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and the Canadian Nutrition Society.
College of Family Physicians of Canada - Mainpro+: (Cert ID# 196239-001)
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto. You may claim up to a maximum of 6.0 Section 1 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.
Attendees will receive a letter of accreditation following the conference.